Denholm are delighted to partner with our client, a creative and ambitious spirits business based in the North of England to appoint an experienced Whisky Maker. This is a prestigious job that sees you using your nose to produce exquisite single malt whiskies and maintain the consistency of the company’s output, as well as blend new creations.
You will have a proven career in the whisky industry enabling you to develop the next generation of whisky working to the well-established house style as well as the ability to blend new creations.
You will have the confidence, passion and patience to create whisky that represents the distillery in a thoughtful, provoking, and dynamic way, ensuring it remains as a top whisky distillery. Your curiosity will ensure our whisky is renowned as one to purchase and enjoy.
We are keen to hear from you if you have the following:
- Relevant experience in the spirits industry, in a liquid quality/ blending capacity commensurate to this level of role.
- Highly developed and demonstrable nosing and tasting skills, including descriptive capability (i.e. tasting notes), for both mature and new make spirits
- Fundamental understanding of the entire whisky process, from new make spirit quality, through to cask quality and maturation environment, to final preparation for bottling
- An excellent communicator, one to one and to inspire an audience
- Ability to work under pressure with determination, resilience, and persistence whilst pushing the boundaries and with an innovative mindset
- Will have a creative flair and be curious in your work
This is a unique opportunity for someone to join an ambitious and flexible business to create a legacy within the sector. Candidates looking to step up into this type of role will also be considered.
For more information, please get in touch for a confidential chat.