Marketing Non-Executive Director - Glasgow
Denholm is proud to be working in partnership with the Indigo Childcare Group on an exciting opportunity to join their Board as a Marketing Non-Executive Director.
The Indigo Childcare Group exists to provide outstanding early learning and childcare solutions, from birth up to the age of 16 years.
They aim to deliver services that provide the best possible start in life for all of their children and young people and a platform for improved life chances as they grow. Their aspiration is always to provide outstanding quality in the eyes of all of their customers and stakeholders.
As a social enterprise, they are governed by a Board of Trustees and, together with the Leadership Team, they have established an inspiring growth strategy for the three years ahead. Changes in legislation mean there is the potential for significant growth in the Early Years landscape which the Indigo Group is ideally placed to take advantage of.
As part of their strategy to prepare for this and their readiness for such expansion, this exciting opportunity has arisen on the Board for a new Trustee, ideally with the following skills/experience:
- Proven marketing and communications experience at a senior level
- Brand Development experience and an innovative and creative approach to delivering effective marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- A passion for the third sector
- An interest in children’s services and improving lives for families
In return, this rewarding and fulfilling role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to have a real influence in contributing to the success of the organisation on this exciting growth journey, but more importantly, to contribute to providing children and young people with the best possible start in life.
Their current Board has a wide range of experiences, from senior strategic specialists to risk management, HR, Social Enterprise and legal expertise, offering the successful candidate an ideal opportunity to:
- Enhance their strategic network in private, public and third sectors;
- Gain valuable leadership and governance experience;
- Improve practical knowledge and understanding of the strategic operation and development of a third sector organization working across public, private and third sectors;
- Experience an unrivalled level of self-satisfaction in celebrating the successes and achievements of their children, young people and families
The Board currently meets with the Leadership Team every 6-8 weeks (typically in the early morning or evening). They will be involved in the AGM and annual strategy workshop. In addition, Directors are asked for their advice and opinions and may be available to the staff for consultation (within reason) in specific areas of expertise.
Directors have no fixed term of office, but generally, serve a minimum of 2 years. For further information or an informal chat, please contact Marisa Carroll at Denholm Associates.