Excellent package, commensurate with experience
Denholm is delighted to have partnered with Emerald Learning on a Sales Director opportunity.
This is a Board level role with responsibility for the global sales strategy of Emerald’s commercial learning business. This role will drive the global commercial development of sales. Primarily, working with the Sales teams across Emerald Learning, supporting them in their sales activities, assisting and leading in major account acquisition and development, pricing, developing market and competitor intelligence, and developing relationships. Where appropriate developing partnership and reseller relationships and income streams.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of Emerald Learning and as part of the Board being jointly responsible for the delivery of our key goals
- Leadership, overall coordination, and functional management of the Sales teams with an overarching objective of driving sales
- Being responsible for shared senior level decision making to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Understanding the competitive landscape and identifying market trends, adjusting plans to adapt sales strategies
- Setting revenue targets and key performance indicators
- External figurehead role for key accounts (existing and new) across all channels
- Implementing best practice in sales techniques across the business
- Driving collaborative working across the business, and particularly within the different Sales teams
- Developing new income streams from partnerships and resellers
- Development of self and all team members to ensure core skills are maintained and developed, motivation remains high and succession plans are in place
- Deliver budgeted revenues across multi-markets
- Define and evolve an appropriate sales organisational structure across multi-markets to serve a diverse customer base
- Ensure appropriate risk management
- Maintain an expert awareness of trends and influences that affect the commercial and business models that impact the organisation:
- Develop new models, policies and procedures in response to legislative and market changes
- Actively develop a network with external contacts in related organisations to identify opportunities and threats to our business ensuring that our commercial policies and practices are aligned, where appropriate, with those in the sector
- Ability to strategically contribute to the strategic direction of the business
- Ability to translate market insight to business strategy, and drive implementable plans
- Ability to create and execute sales strategy, to plan, negotiate and make decisions
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels to secure buy-in to proposed actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain sales information clearly; varying style, pace and presentation to suit the audience
- High level of people skills – leadership, management, organizing, coaching, supervising, influencing, persuading, listening, counseling, giving feedback
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Experience of international sales operations and managing cross-functional relationships including familiarity with pricing strategies and negotiation tactics
- Previous experience of establishing new operations in global locations would be highly advantageous as would previous success in developing culture and implementing significant change
BEHAVIOURS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be highly self-motivated, able to work from an initial high-level brief and follow through to shape and structure plans in terms of scope, objectives, purpose, activities and to secure buy-in from sponsors and colleagues
- Inspirational leader, team worker and motivator
- Problem solver
- Positive and confident role model, coach, mentor and challenger
If this sounds like you, please call Fiona @ Denholm today!
Find out more...
If you'd like more information on this opportunity, please get in touch today!
Fiona Todd, Head of Glasgow
Call 0141 212 2726
Apply Now: Sales Director