Head of Consumer Marketing
This is a fantastic, senior opportunity reporting to the Group’s Managing Director, who is based in Glasgow. The business is in Retail Operations within the ‘(Designer) Outlet Centre’ sector in Central Europe. This is the most senior marketing person for the group, setting and implementing strategy to drive consumers to the sites and look at increasing average spend. This is an interesting, hybrid position - you own a brand, but the retailers brand are more important. However, driving footfall and creating experiential campaigns is a key to success. There are local marketing teams on the ground in each region who will implement your group strategy.
The Outlet Centre retail sector exists worldwide to enable fashion brand manufacturers to easily dispose of surplus inventory in a brand-enhancing way. They sell it directly to consumers, at a discount. The liquidation of this excess stock to cash fuels their investment in future fashion collections to be supplied to full-price retail stores downtown. Nearly all the major global clothing, footwear and fashion accessory brands have some kind of Outlet strategy.
It is a recognised Distribution Channel. There are now over 250 genuine Outlet Centres worldwide.
Key Service Responsibilities
- Define, develop and monitor the Consumer Marketing strategy to drive maximum consumer visitor numbers (‘footfall’) into Outlet Centres
- Through a strategic management of market ‘positioning’, supported by appropriate market research, develop the continuing relevance and appeal of brand to consumers over time. The context is of changing Tenant action, competitive discount retail and online seller environments.
- Assist Retail Management colleagues in maximising ‘Spend-per-Head’ (visitors) and Turnover Rent (payable by Tenants). These objectives are based on the Retail Management KPIs of Conversion Rates and Average Transaction Values (ATV) of Centre visitors.
- In liaison with Leasing colleagues, develop contacts and relationships with Consumer Marketing influencers within key Tenant organisations.
- In liaison with Facilities Management colleagues, support Property Management initiatives that positively impact on Customer Experience throughout the full sites.
- Plan, prepare and execute the opening programme to ensure successful launch of new Centres.
- Involvement in new Consumer Marketing initiatives in wider Group.
- Proven track record of success in Consumer Marketing, preferably in a retail-related commercial sector. Specific experience in the Shopping Centre sector is not essential.
- An outgoing and confident Senior Manager with Brands, Retail or Marketing Services Agency experience is likely to enjoy the opportunity offered by this position.
- Strategic thinker with the insight to set new directions in response to dynamic changes in the retail sector. And with the ability to execute new initiatives involving multi-functional teams.
- Competency in the development of creative marketing communication materials.
- Ability to influence a wide-ranging network of colleagues, including Directors, non-Marketing senior colleagues and also less experienced colleagues for whom English is not their first language.
- Must have experience of dealing with key Marketing Services suppliers in UK, national/international media groups and direct involvement in the fast-developing digital media channels.
- KPI and results focused. Entrepreneurial, self sufficient.
- Comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders. Sufficient gravitas to stick to your guns when pushed
- Confident, committed - passionate about marketing, insights and strategy
- Willing to travel once or twice a quarter to regional locations
Email your CV to email@example.com or call 0131 553 9311 for more details.
Find out more...
If you'd like more information on this opportunity, please get in touch today!
Robbie Broomfield, Business Director
Call 0131 553 9311
Apply Now: Head of Consumer Marketing