Digital Designer (mat cover)
Denholm are working with a huge international brand on a new Digital Designer role. This will initially be a maternity cover post, for 6-12 months, based in Glasgow city centre.
As Digital Designer, you'll translate brand, marketing, and content strategies into a conceptual and visual framework for multiple websites, as well as completing site update requests received from various Managers.
Your responsibilities will include developing design elements including site layout, navigation, images, icons, animations and other multimedia assets to provide a usable and compelling user experience for all web projects.
Specifically, you'll be involved with:
- Creating design comps, prototypes, website layouts — optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces — that lead to intuitive user experiences. Production of web-optimised graphical elements.
- Conducting creative review sessions with project team members and/or key stakeholders to ensure that design meets both business objectives and end-user expectations.
- Developing style guides to capture the guidelines and principles directing the website's visual design addressing use of colour, imagery, typography, icons and symbols and application of brand identity elements.
- Taking a user-centred approach to rapidly test and iterate ideas.
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- 2-3 years of web design experience (responsive web design experience is a must)
- Expertise in standard design software packages such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop/Acrobat/Premiere etc.) and strong command graphic optimisation skills.
- Exceptional design skills, including colour theory, layout, typography, corporate identity and branding.
- An ability to translate abstract concepts into innovative designs that are web and mobile friendly, easy to navigate, represent the brands goals, satisfy branding requirements, communicate information architecture and enhance the user experience.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Solid knowledge of user interface design, industry standards and trends, platform and browser capabilities and digital design constraints.
- Great communication skills.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to assist with creating design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user journeys, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns and a clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- Basic CSS/HTML skills are a plus but are NOT required.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please call Fiona @ Denholm today!
Find out more...
If you'd like more information on this opportunity, please get in touch today!
Fiona Todd, Head of Glasgow, Director
Call 0141 212 2726
Apply Now: Digital Designer (mat cover)