The Head of Marketing is responsible for devising and implementing the company’s marketing strategy and plan to support the successful delivery of Scottish Leather Group’s Strategy 2025.
This individual will play a key role in leading the marketing team with “best-in-class” expertise and an empowering leadership style, providing an environment that enables the delivery of effective marketing and communications activity that supports our commercial objectives.
Coupled with creating a strong customer-centric culture, success will require close collaboration with our Design, Innovation, Sales & Account Management, Sustainability and Technical teams to ensure that we grow and sustain a profitable business and deliver our purpose:
“We innovate and manufacture the world’s finest sustainable leather for the world’s most respected companies.”
- Lead the development and deployment of the Bridge of Weir, Lang, Muirhead and Scottish Leather Group brands to successfully deliver the brand-building and sales activation objectives for each business
- Support the business with industry leading insights – Macro, Industry, Sector and Customer – which provide a comprehensive view of our external business environment and support our commercial opportunities
- Develop a customer-centric approach for the business, implementing a CRM plan which fully utilises Scottish Leather Group’s CRM system [Dynamics 365 & Click Dimensions] to support and enhance relationships with our current and prospective customers
- Act as a brand champion for the Scottish Leather Group – living the Company values, promoting health, safety, and wellbeing, and providing clear vision and leadership to the Marketing Team to deliver excellence in execution across all channels
- Collaborate closely with HR on Scottish Leather Group’s Employee and Corporate Communications, encouraging increased employee engagement and strengthening our Employer brand
- Provide clear vision and leadership to the Marketing Team, as well as inspire, motivate and coach to help them develop new skills and support succession planning
- Establish and be accountable for the annual marketing budget
Skills & Experience
- Marketing generalist with extensive experience of defining and developing the strategy for a brand(s) on a global basis and a focus on excellence when executing the annual marketing plan across multiple marketing channels
- Demonstrable experience of developing CRM and digital capabilities from a standing start.
- Knowledge and expertise of building customer relationships through management of data and development of propositions based on insight. Proactively feeds customer information and insights to the business to drive broader commercial engagement
- Previous experience of leading the development of a premium brand(s) where differentiation is achieved through quality positioning, product innovation and customer experience will be welcomed. Experience of the Automotive, Aviation, and Luxury Goods sectors is desirable
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on planning and project management skills to deliver brand-building and sales activation campaigns efficiently and effectively
- Comfortable working and collaborating with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders including Sales, Account Management, Design, Innovation, Sustainability and Technical functions. Experience working with and leading external partners including brand, communications, and digital agencies
- Demonstrable leadership and line management skills with a coaching style that supports collaboration, continual improvement, personal and professional growth and empowerment
- Experience of developing and implementing meaningful KPI’s, targeting key areas of improvement, enabling the ability to celebrate success