Head of Strategy
£65k base, plus great package
Are you a strategy expert who is looking for an opportunity to utilise your clear strategic thinking and execution skills in an organisation who is going through a period of very exciting growth? If so, we'd love to speak to you!
Denholm is working exclusively with the Cumberland Building Society, who is looking for a Head of Strategy who will work cross functionally across the organisation to lead the setting of the corporate strategy, facilitating the setting of strategic priorities, outcomes and KPIs whilst providing leadership on specific strategy projects.
Your main responsibilites in this role will be:
- Lead the setting of the corporate strategy and vision – facilitate the process and provide appropriate input to decision makers
- Lead the facilitation of setting strategic priorities, working with finance and enterprise architecture to define priorities for investment
- Lead and facilitate the setting of strategic outcomes and KPIs, including the organisational balanced scorecard
- Lead and facilitate the setting of the corporate strategic plan and road-map
- Work with functional leads to ensure the functional plan aligns to the corporate strategy
- Lead and facilitate the monitoring and reassessment of the strategy against internal and external trends through Quarterly Business reviews
- Work with finance and enterprise architect to review business cases for alignment with agreed strategic objectives and priorities
- Carries out competitor benchmarking, industry intelligence and horizon scanning providing up to date relevant insight to the CCO, preparing SLT, Board and Committee papers and presentations as appropriate.
- Ensures all activity within remit meets all legislative requirements as well as adhering to relevant codes of conduct.
The experience we are looking for you to have is:
- Proven strategy management experience in a similar role within a financial services organisation , or within a strategy consultancy serving the FS sector.
- Significant experience in developing stakeholder relationships and influencing others – internal to direct team and wider business teams.
- Ability to generate new ideas and outlooks on the market, through trend forecasting and innovation, and to work with functions to ‘operationalise’ them
- Ability to accurately convert data into information for control, reporting, and decision making purposes and the rapid identification of key issues, themes and trends.
- Strong business acumen and solid financial understanding
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss further!
Find out more...
If you'd like more information on this opportunity, please get in touch today!
Jonathan Watt, Principal Consultant
Call 0131 553 9314
Apply Now: Head of Strategy