Senior Manager, Editorial Content
Circa £80,000 base, plus fantastic package
We are hiring!!
It's not often that really exciting, different roles come around to work on, but this is certainly one of them! We are searching for a Senior Manager, Editorial Content to join a fantastic financial services business in either London or the Central Belt, Scotland. As well as proven expertise running an editorial team to create world-class consumer content, you will have an opportunity to redefine how the company talks to customers by creating a new online publication with the most relevant and interesting content that will make customers feel happier about money.
You will lead a small team of content experts as well as an external network of journalists to reach customers and communicate what's happening with the brand. You will build a content plan and strategy and find the very best editorial talent to relaunch the publication in the UK. You will ensure every opportunity is relentlessly pursued to maximise investment in the sponsorship programme.
What the role will entail:
- You will spend your time focused on putting together a game-changing publication that will surprise and delight their customers and be a ‘must-read’ people talk about.
- This publication will be a core platform for the business and will be relaunched with a fully integrated strategy for driving SEO, customer acquisition and brand awareness and will be central to email marketing and social media engagement strategy as a whole.
- You will evolve the online publication from a purely financial services content hub to a true consumer lifestyle publication with a regular team of lifestyle content contributors to enhance the titles’ remit and appeal. As part of this you will be working with influencers as well as traditional media and will help drive audience growth and engagement in social media.
- The role requires liaising with teams across the busienss where you will have multiple stakeholders and in particular working with the mortgage and retail banking marketing leaders to define how our online lifestyle content can grow and support their business areas.
Experience we are looking for:
- Ideally you’ll have at least ten years’ experience as a lifestyle/ consumer journalist with time in role as an editor working with a team of contributors/ journalists.
- You will be well connected in the UK media scene and will also have experience overseeing the creation of content across mixed mediums including video.
- You will have a vision for how the business can bring exciting and creative content to customers and will work with the business' loyalty team to communicate the benefits of being a customer to consumers through editorial digital content.
- You will have a sound understanding of financial services, but more importantly you will be the person that knows how to build a leading consumer brand through digital content using our online publication as the hub where the businesses personality comes to life.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss!
Find out more...
If you'd like more information on this opportunity, please get in touch today!
Jonathan Watt, Principal Consultant
Call 0131 553 9314
Apply Now: Senior Manager, Editorial Content