Senior Manager, Social Media
£70,000 - £75,000 base, plus fantastic package
Right now, we are searching for a Senior Manager, Social Media to join one of the best and most exciting financial services businesses in the UK. The role will require you to completely overhaul and update the business' approach to social media. We are looking for someone to design a strategy and implement a fully integrated plan to engage customers across the business and take them on a journey to become a bigger, better organisation.
Additionally, we are looking for someone with a deep understanding of social media platforms to define a channel strategy and clear role for each social media platform. This will require a thorough review of channel performance and an understanding of when to use social channels for customer services content versus brand content to drive brand awareness and engagement.
We also need someone who can work effectively with agencies to get the best out of external support and the role holder will also need to collaborate closely with the brand team to ensure major consumer marketing campaigns come to life in social media environments.
Experience we need from you:
- You will have a deep understanding of distribution strategy for social channels – paid and organic – and will understand how to measure success and communicate the impact social media is having in driving customer acquisition as well as deepening relationships with existing customers.
- We are looking for a team leader and team player as the role requires working across the consumer communications team – pulling together content from consumer PR campaigns, sponsorship and events activity and the editorial content team where social media will be a key channel to drive traffic to the online editorial pages.
We are looking for a true social media expert with a genuine passion to redefine the role social channels play for the business and help deliver on the ambition to become one of the most-loved consumer brands in the UK.
What’s the job really all about?
- You will work very closely with the sponsorship and events team as a large percentage of content for social will come from activity in this area and you will also work very closely with the brand team on upcoming larger consumer campaigns.
- Social media is a key strategic channel for the business and has a seat at the table of wider marketing campaigns – social is seen as the future driving channel for their marketing – as such, the company is looking for a social media star who likes to challenge and smartly disrupt.
The experience we are looking for from you:
- Ideally you’ll have at least ten years’ experience running a social media function and team for a consumer brand. Both agency and in-house experience is ideal and you will have close relationships with the major social media owners (Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter) and experience in media buying.
- You will have a vision for how the business can attract customers and will work with the loyalty team to communicate the benefits of being a customer to consumers through our social content.
- Most importantly, you will be the person that knows how to build a leading consumer brand through social content and will understand how to use these platforms to bring the business' personality to life.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discus further!
Find out more...
If you'd like more information on this opportunity, please get in touch today!
Jonathan Watt, Principal Consultant
Call 0131 553 9314
Apply Now: Senior Manager, Social Media