If you are a team player who can lead, drive momentum and build valuable client relationships then this is the role for you. We’re delighted to be partnered with Hampton, a brilliant Brand and Design agency based in Aberdeen, although you don’t have to be but travel to Aberdeen for client and agency meetings will be required.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will lead and grow a number of clients accounts across FMCG, Oil & Gas, leisure and retail, ensuring they are profitable and thriving. As an experienced account director, you will have a fantastic team of account managers and executives to lead and inspire so a passion for mentoring and developing team members is vital. You will regularly be involved in pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset and you’ll, of course, be commercially savvy and will always have an eye on client account and company finances, as well as employee productivity.
You’ll be a creative marketer through and through and will have a sound knowledge of modern marketing and a love of creativity and design. You will also have the experience to be able to advise and guide clients, with the ability to ‘make it happen’ while seeing the challenge as an opportunity.
- Providing consultancy and direction to the team of account managers and account executives
- Growing the company’s profits through helping attract new clients and by increasing the spend of existing clients. This involves opening up options to the client through facilitating technical discussion to demonstrate the potential value of additional products and services
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Quoting and planning projects – costing jobs, providing creative input, and writing briefs for jobs.
- Using a consultative approach by listening to the client in order to gain an understanding of their needs and direct them to the appropriate product or service
- Project management: ensuring the timely and financial successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Brand management/marketing: creating, maintaining, improving and upholding the Hampton brand along with communicating and delivering products and services that have value to our potential and existing clients
- Project evaluation: facilitating and communicating the evaluation of each project by an appropriate method for that project. Examples include: closeout meetings, customer feedback or analysis of available quantitative data
- Supporting the account managers in writing creative briefs and directing the strategic development of creative work.
If you’re looking for a role that allows you to help shape an agency with the autonomy to do so, we’d love to chat to you. Get in touch to arrange a confidential chat.