Denholm is delighted to be working on a great opportunity with one of our financial services clients based in Edinburgh who are looking for 2 AWS Engineer / Developer (1 x Senior / 1 x Engineer) to join them on a permanent basis. This role is hybrid working role with 3 days working from home each week. Our client is in early adoption of cloud and therefore this brings great opportunity to shape how AWS services looks for the business moving forwards.
Our client is transitioning from a regional to global functional model by the end of 2022. One of these changes is making the exciting drive in DevSecOps / Automation. To do this we are seeking to bolster our skills and experience in some of our new technologies, one of which is AWS. That’s where you come in as an AWS Engineer / Developer. Our client is looking for candidates to bring in some experience on the infrastructure side for AWS, recognising that a lot of our focus to date has been on building out new functionality, less so on infrastructure support that is required. You would play a key role in complimenting individuals who have started to transition towards these new technologies and influencing our future model.
- Imparting your skills and knowledge to colleagues, stakeholders, and team members to embed AWS knowledge
- Sharing your knowledge and experiences to contribute and influence the future model
- Creating and documenting technical design
- Taking ownership of user stories and driving through to completion
- Proposing detailed solutions to business scenarios
The ideal candidate:
- AWS Developer Associate certification or be an AWS DevOps Engineer Professional
- Experience and confidence to challenge technical design
- Experience in coding Python and PySpark
- Good knowledge and experience of SQL and in Lambda, Glue and Terraform
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Agile ways of working – SAFe preferably