Denholm Associates are working with a leading UK legal practise to source a Bid Manager. Due to an internal promotion, this new role has been created to best suit the organisation's growth plans in 2021 and beyond.
The Bids Manager will focus on helping all areas of the firm win new profitable business by managing the response to a range of opportunities. The Bid Manager will be responsible for project managing and creating bids and presentation materials, working closely with stakeholders to bring these to a successful close.
We are looking to speak to candidates who have worked in a dedicated bids role. This role requires someone to have excellent management skills and have the character to strive for the best. The successful candidate will be planning, producing, writing and delivering compliant bids within a complex business environment. Experience of public sector portals and bid library and automation systems would be highly advantageous.
What will you be doing?
Working closely with legal practice areas on the decision to respond to bid opportunities and lead bids in accordance with our best practice bid process, which includes:
- Conducting initial searches of internal databases for previous information
- Arranging go / no-go meetings and recording the decision
- Leading kick-off meetings to allocate actions, inputs and discuss and agree timescales
- Managing and producing RFI, ITT, RFP etc. responses
- Developing the bid strategy including win themes and value proposition
- Scoping the bid opportunity to understand client needs and ensure the bid responds to those needs
- Developing bid content that is compelling and focused on the client, always striving to improve our offering
- Briefing contributors to ensure their input is tailored, relevant and received on time
- Finalising and submitting bids in line with the client's instructions
- Coordinate presentation rehearsals and offer advice and coaching on style, approach, messaging
- Conducting client debriefs to capture feedback
- Regular review of bid feedback, acting on lessons learned for future bids to ensure best practice.
- Ensuring appropriate content is uploaded to the bid library
- Updating the bid databases with win/loss, contract values, go / no-go decisions and feedback
What experience are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a dedicated proposal/bids role
- Degree level educated
- The ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Effective time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial awareness and acumen
- An ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- A collaborative working style, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Does this sound like you? Are you looking for an opportunrity to join a firm who have grasped the changed to business in the last 12 months, and using these to really push on and improve their working practises, for their clients and their staff? If so, we want to hear from you! Pease apply via the link, or contact Kerry for more information.