We are currently working exclusively with a household named FMCG business in the food industry. Having gone through some major changes and with some exciting growth plans, their recently appointed European Marketing Director is looking for a Brand Manager to focus on their biggest selling product portfolio.
Main purpose of the role:
- Responsible for the development of the brand marketing strategy and activity plans across the brand portfolio and their propositions to create a clear and ambitious growth plan to take our business to the next level of growth.
- Responsible for the strengthening of the core business and develop the future core through renovation and innovation development across the marketing mix in strong collaboration with key functions across the business and in line with business strategy.
- Responsible for the development and brilliant execution of market leading marketing execution plans across the 6Ps, collaborating with other functions against the key growth plan, building long term equity and growth across the portfolio.
- To champion cross functional teams to focus on building the strength of the brands and winning vs the external competition.
- Develop the full mix marketing plan across the 6Ps and input to total brand positioning and guidelines across the 6Ps.
- Responsible for the brand portfolio through business planning as part of the annual planning process developing key brand strategy and activity plans, aligning cross-functional stakeholders to deliver the portfolio ambition.
- Responsible for the detailed understanding of brand performance of the portfolio in the market which leads to actionable plans to deliver business growth ambitions.
- Responsible for the development and execution of product renovation and innovation plans, building a strong pipeline, ensuring they are built on meaningful consumer differentiation and strong consumer foundations.
- Link with key marketing and commercial functions to ensure suitability of mix for category and customer growth plans and against global/local trends.
- Interrogate the brand portfolio P&L ensuring investment in key growth drivers and maximization of brand mix to deliver gross margin and profit.
- Adjust brand plans in light of new category understanding, competitor activity or changes in the mix.
- Responsible for the determination and building of the optimal channel and range architecture.
- Responsible for the assimilation and interpretation of the health of the brands in the marketplace, leading to actionable plans to deliver business growth ambitions.
- Responsible for the building and execution of media plans with the relevant agency partners and implement integrated above and below the line plans.
- Optimise ROI on media and all brand investment including print, digital, TV, promos and activations.
- Champion the business in how they can win using the brands: interpreting brand guidelines, brand performance, milestones and timings to deliver business and customer strategy.
- Brilliant collaborator and team player.
- Inspires others to greater heights.
- Passion for performance.
- Owner of change willing to roll your sleeves up to support the team.
- Keen eye for design, detail, cost and delivery.
- High level of influencing skills.
- Resilience and calm in the face of challenge.
- Constantly curious and entrepreneurial.
- Consumer and customer focused but commercially minded.
- Passion for brands and products.
Previous Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in brand management/marketing ideally in an FMCG environment.
- Knowledgeable and have a passion for food
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective and integrated brand and marketing plans.
- Ability to uncover powerful insights that translate to successful developments and communications.
- Proven track record in developing insight based innovation projects, proposition development and campaign development.
- Strong drive to generate new initiatives that align with business strategy and see them through to action.
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Sound commercialisation skills demonstrating both analytical, creative abilities and ROI understanding.
- Experienced influencing senior stakeholders and peers.
- Strong communicator and ability to tell a story synthesize and convey key messages in a visual and compelling way.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing customer & internal demands.