An industry leading company based in the South of Glasgow is looking for an experienced Buyer to join their fast-paced and growing business. This company is highly reputable and is known for their expert knowledge and specialist product areas.
Reporting to the Senior Management team, you will be responsible for the procurement of direct products from an array of UK suppliers. Working in close partnership with the sales team to identify and deliver both cost and delivery improvements for your target market. In addition, you will be able to build and maintain constructive relationships with both internal customers and suppliers.
As Buyer, you will be tasked with:
- Ensuring all products are procured in a timely manner
- Maintaining and improving performance of all vendors, in terms of contractual commitments, service, quality, value, on-time delivery, resolution of issues
- Working closely with the sales team to identify business needs and how to support this
- Acting as an interface between vendors and the relevant departments
- Keeping up-to-date on market information that could drive price changes
- Proactively identifying and selecting of potential new suppliers
- Preparing PO's and invoices for products
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A degree or higher qualification (or relevant work experience)
- Previous experience as a buying ideally within the pharmaceutical/FMCG sector
- Managed 1000 plus SKUs all at varying price points and margins
- Working Knowledge of SAP
- Proven negotiation skills and dealing with external third parties
- Advanced Excel skills
The salary on offer is circa £30,000 depending on experience plus the opportunity to join a growing business where you can make an impact.
For more information, please contact Amanda @ Denholm.