Denholm is delighted to be partnering with Cairn Energy in the search for a Content Manager to join their busy Corporate Affairs team in Edinburgh. We are looking for someone with a strong background across corporate communications, with in depth exposure to social media content creation and ideally, someone who has worked in a corporate/listed company environment.
In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Corporate Affairs Manager in the daily operational management of the CA function, including leading the coordination of the annual reporting process, the corporate website, social media, the Company’s charitable giving programme and supporting internal communications.
The principal duties of this role are:
- Lead the development and maintenance of the company’s social media outlets to support relevant business needs.
- Develop and lead social media campaigns.
- Create a programme of activity across relevant channels including LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube to support business focus on recruitment, media, partners and investors.
- Support development of appropriate internal communications supporting Executive team – blogs, social media, broadcast and print materials.
- Support communications with key external stakeholders including joint venture partners, media, governments, communities and capital market community. Regular contact and liaison with senior management across the business including Regional Directors, heads of department and executive management.
- Support preparation of crisis emergency response materials, working with the Corporate Affairs Manager, with assets, health, safety and environment, and joint venture partners and suppliers, including management of the crisis communications support agency.
- Undertake the Corporate Affairs role on the Crisis & Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Relevant experience in a corporate/listed company environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task with strong organisation skills and pro-active approach to delivery
- Extensive experience across corporate communications, company reporting and technical writing.
- Positive, can-do attitude and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Understanding of and interest in online communications and social media channels
- Exposure to working on annual reporting processes would be advantageous.
- Excellent project management skills