We are working with a leading content marketing agency with an impressive client roster of blue-chip clients across the financial services sector. Based in Edinburgh, this agency is going from strength to strength and bolstering their already impressive creative team. We’re looking for an experienced Copywriter to join the team.
Supporting the Director of Editorial Strategy, you will help ensure the smooth delivery of high-quality editorial content according to clients’ requirements . You will be adept at writing short-, long- and micro-form content and write, review and evaluate editorial to a high level. The successful applicant will also be somebody who is capable of being a champion of excellent editorial with the ability to explain editorial concepts clearly and succinctly, with a mix of journalistic and marketing flair.
- Work with the agency team (account team and studio) to establish clients’ core message and target audiences Interpret a copy brief – either submitted directly from the client, or via the account team Undertake all preparatory work required prior to interviewing clients or client customers or contacts. This may require research and the preparation of interview questions
- Write articles from desk-based research and third-party reports
- Write copy to a high standard. Assets will include blogs, features, scripts, edit logs, ecomms and social posts
- Proofread copy drafts and submit to client according to approval protocols
- Help brief agency and external writers on project requirements and ensuring management of projects allocated to them.
- Ensure all appropriate (non-disclosure agreements) NDAs are completed
- Sub-edit third party submissions in line with a client’s tone-of-voice and established style requirements.
- Lead workshops on brief creation and work closely with teams to ensure that works comes to review client-ready
- Contribute to the development of creative proposals for client and prospect presentations and pitches
- Attend and present ideas to clients or prospects, as required
- Liaise with the account team and studio, as required, in order to ensure the best creative outcome of a project
- Provide sub-editing support during the design process, as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-4 years copywriting experience experience in, or with, a content marketing agency
- Appreciation for content marketing principles, techniques and effectiveness and ability to produce and productively critique editorial content
- Ability to proofread effectively – high level of skill in English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and eager to help
- Ability to co-ordinate a variety of writing projects across multiple clients or client contacts
- An accurate and systematic approach to work with an eye for detail Ability to work under pressure Team player – comfortable in a creative agency environment
- The ability to present a professional image of the agency
Please get in touch with you portfolio and CV and we can arrange a confidential chat.