A forward-thinking and imaginative wholesale B2B retailer is looking to add a Sales & Marketing Director to their energetic team based in Edinburgh.
In this newly created strategic role, your primary responsibility will be to foster trust with the team and develop a productive, profitable, collaborative culture with all colleagues across sales and marketing.
Alongside this, you’ll focus on the development and implementation of the organisation’s sales strategy, implementing a marketing strategy as well as overseeing the day-to-day running of sales and marketing operations.
The role will include direct relationships with large and important customers, and continual search for new ones. Specifically, your duties will include:
- Overall accountability for company sales performance, business development, and marketing strategy and operations
- Contributing to, challenging, and delivering long term business objectives as outlined by shareholders
- Establishing a clear and measurable marketing strategy in collaboration with the senior management team; and developing campaigns and KPIs in line with this.
- Designing, building and executing an effective pipeline to drive new business – covering all areas of inbound marketing, outbound business development activity and analysis, tracking and reporting.
- Maintaining and developing direct relationships with some important customers
- Collaborating with an experienced senior sales team to galvanise the current sales function
- Continually seeking out new opportunities in the marketplace, thinking outside of the box for new ways in which we can deliver value to our customers
- Leading, managing, motivating and developing direct and indirect reports in line with business values
- Working closely with the Sales Managers on staff issues, training, management development and activity plans
- Agreeing objectives and KPIs for team members in sales and marketing which meet business objectives and measuring performance against these
- Maintaining effective regular communication of sales activities, projects and achievements to the rest of the wider business
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Several years’ experience sitting on an SLT within a B2B business
- The ability to think strategically, understand and analyse market trends and identify opportunities
- Experience of senior sales and marketing leadership, with demonstrable successes
- That you're a proven leader of teams and change management
- The ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority
- Experience in analysing and interpreting data
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to establish good working relationships with people
- Evidence of being customer-focussed
- Excellent commercial/financial/business acumen
This truly is a unique and very exciting opportunity. With a great salary on offer, world-class training and development opportunities, bonus and a car allowance – it’s a fantastic role and a great organisation.
For more information – please call or drop me an email!