The team at Denholm is proud to be partnering with one of Scotland’s leading, ‘home-grown’, global brands. A specialist manufacturer, supplying into Prestige and Luxury producers, we are seeking a new Head of Marketing.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for implementing the company’s marketing strategy and plan
The Head of Marketing will play a key role in leading the marketing team with “best-in-class” expertise and an empowering leadership style, creating an environment that enables the delivery of effective marketing and communications activity that supports commercial objectives.
Coupled with creating a strong customer-centric culture, success will require close collaboration with key internal stakeholders across various teams to ensure sustained growth and profitability, whilst delivering our purpose:
We innovate and manufacture the world’s finest sustainable leather for the world’s most respected companies.
- Lead the development and deployment of 3 brands to successfully deliver the brand-building and sales activation objectives for each business.
- Support the business with industry leading insights – Macro, Industry, Sector and Customer – which provide a comprehensive view of our external business environment and support our commercial opportunities.
- Develop a customer-centric approach for the business, implementing a CRM plan which fully utilises the CRM system [Dynamics 365 & Click Dimensions] to support and enhance relationships with our current and prospective customers.
- Act as a brand champion – living the Company values, promoting health, safety, and wellbeing, and providing clear vision and leadership to the Marketing Team to deliver excellence in execution across all channels.
- Collaborate closely with HR on Employee and Corporate Communications, encouraging increased employee engagement and strengthening our Employer brand.
- Provide clear vision and leadership to the Marketing Team, as well as inspire, motivate and coach to help them develop new skills and support succession planning
- Establish and be accountable for the annual marketing budget
Skills & Experience
- Marketing generalist with extensive experience of defining and developing the strategy for a brand(s) on a global basis and a focus on excellence when executing the annual marketing plan across multiple marketing channels.
- Demonstrable experience of developing CRM and digital capabilities from a standing start.
- Knowledge and expertise of building customer relationships through management of data and development of propositions based on insight. Proactively feeds customer information and insights to the business to drive broader commercial engagement.
- Previous experience of leading the development of a premium brand(s) where differentiation is achieved through quality positioning, product innovation and customer experience will be welcomed. Experience of the Automotive, Aviation, and Luxury Goods sectors is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on planning and project management skills to deliver brand-building and sales activation campaigns efficiently and effectively.
- Comfortable working and collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including Sales, Account Management, Design, Innovation, Sustainability and Technical functions. Experience working with and leading external partners including brand, communications, and digital agencies.
- Demonstrable leadership and line management skills with a coaching style that supports collaboration, continual improvement, personal and professional growth and empowerment
- Experience of developing and implementing meaningful KPI’s, targeting key areas of improvement, enabling the ability to celebrate success
In return, the successful candidate will join a leading International Brand, rewarded by a highly competitive package.
This is an urgent vacancy, to be considered for shortlist please APPLY NOW or contact Steph Halliday at Denholm Associates for a confidential chat.