Denholm is very excited to be partnering with Scottish Golf, who is looking to recruit a Head of Marketing & Communications to lead the marcomms function through a period of exciting growth for the organisation.
With the impact that COVID-19 has had on the increase in golf participation across Scotland, Scottish Golf is looking for an experienced marketeer with the ability to manage the production and dissemination of marketing and communications material across all departments and channels. Someone who is able to work with the Commercial Team, develop a strong onboarding and activation marketing strategy for the Independent Golfer program. As well as, being the strategic lead for all marketing and advertising campaigns and activities in line with business objectives.
The key deliverables in post will be:
- Contribute to the overall achievement of the Scottish Golf Strategy.
- Develop the marketing strategy for the Independent Golfer in Scotland.
- Manage the marketing and communications function of Scottish Golf.
- Develop regular comms with our Golf Club network across Scotland.
- Maintain network of contacts throughout the golf industry.
- Provide leadership to the organisation on PR within the golf industry.
- Work with relevant external partners in pursuit of objectives aligned to the areas outlined above.
The experience we are ideally looking for you to have:
- A thorough understanding of websites, apps and digital media
- Effective experience with the monetisation of digital content
- An understanding of the commercial value of data.
- Extensive experience of content management, content creation and online communities.
- Extensive experience of commercial development, media sales and online ad management systems.
- In depth experience of managing marketing teams and working across all sectors of a company.
- Budget management ownership
- Experience of working with a variety of external partners both developers and agencies.
- Excellent IT skills, especially use of image and video editing software, Excel, Access, Trello and other project management tools
- Knowledge of the golf industry would be advantageous, but not essential
If you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail, please get in touch for more information!