We’re delighted to be working with a multi-award winning full service PR agency on this newly created senior-level position – Head of Public Relations – which is integral to its next stage of growth. We’re looking for someone to ‘wow’, embody the agency values and share their ambitious growth plans. They offer a very flexible working culture meaning you can be based nationwide, reporting in at either the Forres HQ or Leith offices.
The Head of Public Relations will be responsible for driving an integrated PR strategy while managing existing and new client relationships across a number of sectors but with particular focus within FMCG.
- Help the leadership team define how they view and execute consumer PR and marketing.
- Champion their approach both internally and externally.
- Oversee the creative direction and delivery of all campaign collateral
- Maximise clients presence across multiple channels (e.g. online, TV, print, radio and social media)
- Monitor, analyse and communicate campaign results
- Make a meaningful contribution to winning new business: leading on pitches, networking for leads and identifying growth opportunities within current client contracts.
- Executing creative client projects and liaising with key personnel regarding delivery and success.
- Taking ownership of storytelling with new and creative ideas, driving the editorial strategy with content pitches, press alerts and new campaigns across multi-media platforms.
- Monitoring the industry and external climate to advise on public relations strategy and positioning.
- Managing public relations crises and providing counsel to senior leaders.
- Reporting into the management and supplying high-level data analysis.
- Developing senior media relationships and managing contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience as a Public Relations (PR) Director, PR Manager or similar role
- Has a proven track record of creating and delivering smart, creative and effective cross channel PR campaigns that tell clients’ stories in a way that delivers real impact.
- Creative to the core
- Is a great communicator with a penchant for new business
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the media.
- Excellent client handling.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the PR and communications sector.
- Management experience of developing star performers and overseeing performance.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business.
Think what you’ve got what it takes to thrive in this new role? Get in touch for more info and a confidential chat.