Denholm Associates are proud to have been asked to support one of the oldest and most prestigious golf clubs in the world, in their search for an exceptional HR Manager to fill some big shoes on an 18-month maternity cover contract. The current role-holder is heading off on her new adventure at Christmas, so is looking to have a solid handover, ideally from early November.
You would join at a very exciting time in this society's history, as they react to Covid and its implications and look to a new way of working. The role would be predominantly remote, but the hope is that the team of 4, looking after 300 employees, will gradually return to a hybrid home/office working balance, meaning a commute to St Andrews would occasionally be a pre-requisite.
The role will entail the following responsibilities, plus anything additional as required:-
* Overall Responsibility and Management of HR Operations including:-
* Recruitment and selection processes across the organisation (not including temporary staff for professional championships).
* Ensuring compliance with policies and legislation.
* Providing advice on the writing of job descriptions, interview format and selection and conducting interviews.
* New start and induction processes ensuring successful onboarding for all new employees, including the issuing of contract paperwork.
* Probation process, including liaising with line managers, providing advice as necessary, and the issuing of paperwork.
* Performance management processes – roll out of review cycles, providing advice to employees on performance management and the use of Lattice (performance management system), the creation of guidance materials, where relevant, and analysis of key performance metrics.
* Leavers' processes, including resignations and employees on fixed term contracts, ensuring a smooth end of employment process.
* Other employee-related processes, including maternity/paternity leave; secondments; changes of line management etc.
* All operational activities related to learning and development within the organisation, including booking of training and managing attendance.
* Leading on developing and implementing robust documented processes for the above activities, ensuring all administrative activities (creation and distribution of paperwork, updating the HR System etc.) are carried out in a timely manner.
* Leading on the development of various resources to assist employees and line managers in HR operational activities.
* Providing advice and support to employees on the organisation's policies and procedures.
* Undertake reviews of HR policies and employee handbook, as required.
* Providing operational support to the Head of HR in the management of the promotions and salary review processes.
* Provide operational HR support to the wider HR team and organisation.
You should be/have:-
* The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels.
* The ability to prioritise and manage high volume work, meeting deadlines whilst maintaining quality output.
* Analytical, with excellent organisational skills.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* The ability to multitask and prioritise, taking responsibility for own workload.
* Naturally positive with a 'can do' attitude.
* Always prepared to go the extra mile, delivering service on time and to the highest standards.
* Able to work within tight time frames during busy periods.
* The ability to respect high levels of confidentiality.
* The ability to use own initiative, with minimal supervision.
This is a very exciting opportunity to work for a world-famous organisation, in a spectacular location. For further information, please contact me and I will be delighted to tell you more.