Denholm is delighted to be working on a great opportunity with one of our global Financial Services clients in London who are looking for a IT Operations Analyst to join them on a permanent basis to support their EMEA business. This is a hybrid working role and you will be expected to attend the office 2 days per week.
This role is responsible for the operational elements of the day to day running of desktop, server, network and telephony administration related to the IT Infrastructure environment, also acting as an escalation point or cover if required for the infrastructure support team. Keeping the core IT operating environment current and up to date while meeting service levels agreed with the business. Dealing with escalated end user issues and queries through to a satisfied resolution. This person must ensure that the IT infrastructure for their region is run in line with agreed policies, standards, and guidelines and any deviations from this are tracked and reported. This role is an escalation point for other members of the team and the wider IT department, in turn they can escalate to the IT Engineering team to ensure fast a permanent resolution.
The ideal candidate:
- Possess initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work with team members, colleagues and business units to solve problems.
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to manage work within a changing environment.
- Self-motivated Strong technical background and problem solving skills
- Effective time management – proven prioritisation skills
- Good interpersonal skills – able to communicate well to both internal and external clients in written and oral form
- Strong Knowledge of the Microsoft Stack and key technologies associated with it.
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP.
- Strong knowledge on the fundamentals of networking including TCP/IP and routing.
- Networking technologies including Cisco router/switch management and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Endpoint Configuration Manager and Citrix XenApp.
- Exposure to cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365 Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V Storage technologies including SAN, DAS and RAID.
- Strong knowledge on the fundamentals of IT security.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch to discuss.