We are working with a leading content marketing agency with an impressive client roster of blue-chip clients across the financial services sector. Based in Edinburgh, this agency is going from strength to strength and bolstering their already impressive creative team. We’re looking for an experienced, inspirational and creative Lead Designer to join the team.
Reporting into the Exec Content Director and managing a team of 7 designers, we’re looking for someone who thinks digital first to deliver stunning digital and print concepts to meet complex and broad content-led campaign briefs. You will be hands on in creating campaigns across multiple platforms, channels and formats including video, podcasts, web, infographics, print, mobile and apps as well as being responsible for managing the workflow and resource of the studio team ensuring all work is delivered to the highest quality.
The role will see the successful candidate contribute to the expansion of the agency’s design capabilities through leadership and inventive concepts. The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards is as essential as the experience to execute content-led projects of all sizes and complete them with passion and dedication.
- Support the Executive Content Director in the agency with developing creative concepts and solutions to complex and broad briefs.
- Lead and be responsible for design output for the agency’s key client account.
- Work across websites, microsites, apps, banners, emails, mobile, magazine design, print collateral, infographics, DM and PowerPoint presentations and proposals.
- Translate complex client briefs into visually engaging content solutions with a strong emphasis on Adobe CC suite.
- Multi-task several projects at a time and set priorities.
- Oversee the management of studio resource to appropriately meet the demands of a fast-moving studio workflow.
- Line management of studio designers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Agency and/or client experience with emphasis on digital work is essential.
- Ability to articulate design thinking, design decisions and working methods.
- Fluent in latest Adobe Creative Suite and related software
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Confident presenting to groups and/or clients.
- Solid understanding of the commercial value and impact of your work Editorial experience would be ideal
- Experience of leading and inspiring a team is vital
You will have a portfolio that showcases your experience and ability in the design and production of e-comms, websites (both responsive and adaptive), apps, banners, social assets, print (magazine design, and any other print collateral), infographics and video storyboarding. Get in touch to arrange a confidential chat.