Denholm are excited to be working with one of the UK’s leading accountancy firms who have a clear vision for progression and an open culture in which the team are actively encouraged to play an important part in growing the business. They are a business focused on progressing individuals careers through supporting personal learning and development and have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join their Audit team within an area of real growth for the firm.
This opportunity will focus on the work they do with pensions, an area that is growing fast, with a number of impressive new business wins in the last few years. The position will offer the opportunity to work on audits as part of the Pension Protection Fund (“PPF”) Assessment Period, one of only four firms on the PPF’s audit panel.
You will be responsible for controlling the day to day audit work including:
- Flagging up issues and concerns to Audit Managers at an early stage
- Training and supervising Audit Assistants to ensure work is handled efficiently and effectively from start to finish
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are met
- Audit files are presented for review, finished to a good standard and signed off
- Completing audit planning documentation for review and complete audit files with all required documentation
- Liaise with Trustees and contacts across other professional firms, building effective relationships with these clients and contacts to keep them informed on progress and any issues
You will be part qualified CA (or equivalent) and above, and have experience of undertaking pensions audit, with a working knowledge of the pensions SORP and its requirements. You will bring a proactive approach and welcome a flexible working environment, that values the individual need for a good work/life balance alongside a reputation for delivering the highest quality service to clients. This will suit an ambitious individual looking for the right opportunity to progress further into Audit Management, as the position will develop alongside the continued growth in this area.
The firm is open to this being office or home based or, as is likely, a blend of both given the changes to all our working lives. This includes someone being located out with commuting distance of one of their many offices and delivering in the role remotely. What is more important is a desire to work in a welcoming and professional environment, one that is open to new ideas, and empowers its people to enable and sustain the growth they have seen over the last 10 years.