Performance Marketing Manager
Denholm are delighted to be working with media and publishing giant DC Thomson in their search for a Performance Marketing Manager.
DC Thomson’s business port folio now covers newspapers, magazines, media, digital technology, retail and television interests.
DC Thomson’s impressive HQ is in Dundee, and we hope to find someone who would be willing to spend one day a week in the office as soon as it is safe to do so. The rest of the time the role can be remote or on a hybrid model depending on what suits you.
The Performance Marketing Manager will join the team behind their much loved and best known ‘Beano Studio’ which includes their flagship comic as well as the Official Beano Shop. The studio produces diverse entertainment content across TV and the award winning Beano.com as well as theatrical experiences, consumer products and the legendary comic and annual. Beano is the ~1 comic in the UK, with a copy sold every seven seconds!
As Performance Marketing Manager you will lead on Paid Digital Marketing Activity, identify opportunities for growth, manage budgets, write copy and analyse and optimise their eCommerce digital marketing activity.
What you’ll get up to:
- Manage digital marketing for shop.beano.com and the Beano comic by taking ownership of Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager activity
- Manage their affiliates programme
- Explore other digital acquisition channels as required (eg. Display, YouTube and Amazon)
- Track activity to a high level of detail, provide analysis and guide strategy
- Optimise paid digital activity to achieve targets
- Manage audiences and seek to understand customer needs
- Manage budget and spend for paid digital
- Write accurate and creative copy for ads and other content
- Work with design team and deploy test and manage assets
- Grow organic traffic to shop.beano.com through targeted SEO
- Deliver effective organic social media activity
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate, creative self-starter who wants to join a dynamic team and keep the Beano brand in it’s #1 spot. You’ll likely have experience in being part of a digital marketing, eCommmerce or digital content team. To be successful in the role we think you will demonstrate:
- Hands on experience working with key campaign tools ( inc. Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager)
- An ability to use Google Analytics to analyse data and optimise campaigns
- Excellent copywriting skills, creativity and attention to detail
- A sound understanding of the Beano Brand and a willingness to get excited about the products Beano fans love
If you had knowledge of any of the following, then great!
- Creative Cloud (Photoshop)
- Programmatic / display ads / video ads
- Google Merchant Centre
- Google Search Console
- Amazon PPC
You will be rewarded with a great salary and benefits, a fantastic working culture and the chance to play a significant part in the growth of one of the country’s best loved brands.