If you are an experienced financial services professional, with a background in payment services, we want to speak to you!
Denholm is working with a financial services client in Carlisle who is looking for a Product Manager to work in their Payment Services function.
In this position, you will:
- Own how payments services operate from a customer perspective.
- Define customer requirements, service levels, and non-functional requirements and act as the owner of customer journeys for Payment Service activities (inc. ATM).
- Actively taking part in improving the customer experience.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities consistent with overall business objectives, taking clear proposals through governance to delivery.
- Monitor payment services performance from a customer perspective to inform product decisions.
- Ongoing analysis of competitor, general market and regulatory Payment Services developments to provide insight into tactics that deliver improved propositions, financial performance, the right customer outcomes and to ensure that our products continue to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
- Act as a ‘Payment Services Advocate’ within the business, liaising with other departments to promote the features and benefits of Payment Services. Providing a point of contact for sales and operational teams to resolve complex Payment Services queries
Experience required for the role:
- Proven experience of working within the payments industry, or within payments, including experience of dealing with digital and online payments (inc ApplePay, Paym etc) BACs, CHAPs, international payments, direct debit, debit cards (inc contactless) and the Current Account Switch Service
- Proven experience of managing system and process changes involving external parties, such as banks and software/payment system providers.
- Product management experience
- Commercial acumen, with strong financial & return / value creation understanding.
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional qualification or qualified by experience.
Skills we are looking for:
- Ability to think and reason logically, and to communicate complex issues simply.
- Results driven individual with a track record of working on own initiative.
- Customer focused, with an ability to understand customer need to build compelling & profitable customer propositions.
- Well-developed relationship management and communication skills driving performance.
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong listening skills and ability to probe for additional information
Please get in touch for more information on this role.