Do you have a background across product and proposition development in an asset management environment? Have you been integral in the the build of these products to understand the risk elements of how retail products are put together? If so, we want to hear from you!
Denholm is working on a Proposition Risk Lead with one of our financial services clients, with the role being based anywhere across the UK. You will act as a senior member of the team with lead responsibility for representing the function in matters linked to proposition risk and associated secondary risks, e.g. customer and regulatory, which arise from the proposition offering.
For the specified propositions the role will have primary responsibility for managing the relationship with the proposition function, led by the Director of Product, and engaging in all stages of the proposition lifecycle, i.e. from initial ideation through its operation and if appropriate closure.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- To act as the primary lead for engagement with the Proposition function, building relationships with the Proposition management team as necessary to effectively support the team and provide insights and challenge to the risks and the actions of management.
- To oversee the relevant PDP and PLM processes undertaken for propositions in scope in order that risks are identified in an effective manner and appropriate prevention/mitigation measures are taken.
- To ensure the Proposition receives the appropriate support, guidance, education on the risk and control framework to meet Plc, CD and local entity requirements and comply with any attestation requests.
- To work collaboratively with RCR colleagues to ensure active knowledge sharing occurs to provide a complete view of potential and actual risks which the CCDO and teams need to respond to.
- Expert level knowledge of risk and control frameworks and their application within a distribution business
- Expert level knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Expert level knowledge in life, pensions or broader asset management investment products
- Expert level knowledge of industry best practice, strong networks and links to external bodies
- Expert level knowledge of investment governance arrangements and operational risk controls around risk management activities including, management of SLA, regulatory based deep dives and regulatory changes.