Denholm is delighted to be partnering with Bookspeed as they look to add a Sales & Marketing Director to their energetic team based in Edinburgh.
In this newly created strategic role, your primary responsibility will be to foster trust with the team and develop a productive, profitable, collaborative culture with all colleagues across sales and marketing.
Alongside this, you’ll focus on the development and implementation of the organisation’s sales strategy, implementing a marketing strategy as well as overseeing the day-to-day running of sales and marketing operations.
The role will include direct relationships with large and important customers, and continual search for new ones. Specifically, your duties will include:
- Overall accountability for company sales performance, business development, and marketing operations
- Contributing to, challenging, and delivering long term business objectives as outlined by shareholders
- Establishing a clear and measurable business development and marketing strategy; and developing campaigns and KPIs in line with this.
- Designing, building and executing an effective pipeline to drive new business – covering all areas of inbound marketing, outbound business development activity and analysis, tracking and reporting.
- Leading, managing, motivating and developing direct and indirect reports in line with business values
- Maintaining effective regular communication of sales activities, projects and achievements to the rest of the wider business
This is a senior hire for Bookspeed, and you must be a critical thinker who has a learning and growth mindset. You'll be asked to challenge the status quo, and come up with new and exciting ways to grow the business. To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Several years’ experience sitting on an SLT within a B2B business
- Senior sales experience, ideally from a product or wholesale background, as opposed to consultancy or sales of services
- The ability to think strategically, understand and analyse market trends and identify opportunities
- Experience of senior sales and marketing leadership, with demonstrable successes
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent commercial/financial/business acumen
Bookspeed are offering a truly unique and fantastic opportunity. With a great salary on offer, world-class training and development opportunities, bonus and a car allowance – it’s a great within a really special business.