We’re working in partnership with an integrated creative communications agency based in Edinburgh who deliver brand, social, PR and digital activity for a range of UK clients. They operate a hybrid work model, so you’ll enjoy time at home and in their beautiful Leith office.
We’re on the look-out for an experienced Senior Account Director or Account Director with a focus on Corporate Communications so you’ll most likely have experience in crisis and issues management and expert knowledge of financial services, business, sustainability, CSR and ESG topics. As Senior Account Director, you’ll be part of the Senior Management Team and will mentor 2 Senior Account Managers within the corporate comms team. You will be adept at leading and maintaining client relationships, guiding the account teams and providing overall direction within this specialist area of the agency. You’ll be an expert in your clients’ brand, understating their business challenges and how they can be overcome through creative ideas and an innovative approach. This role embodies the agency’s smart thinking, bright ideas, no nonsense approach; consistently thinking ahead, driving excellent client service and results, with a straight talking yet supportive culture for the teams. Your mindset is to go above and beyond client expectations and consistently lead the team by example.
Main responsibilities and attributes:
- Articulate and confident to lead senior level client meetings and presentations
- Able to spot opportunities and sell ideas, concepts and work streams with conviction, enthusiasm, confidence, and full commitment
- Able to oversee account workflow effectively, with comprehensive understanding of agency and client procedures and systems
- You will be expected to pitch to existing clients as well as potential new clients, so excellent communication, written skills and a confident and assertive attitude is necessary.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness at a senior level, with comprehensive understanding of all budgets, both client and the agency
- Maximising profit opportunities long and short term, actively contributing to our annual Net Revenue, margin, and profit targets
- Skills to negotiate budgets effectively and confidently at the highest level
- As a coach and line manager you have responsibility for reviewing staff performance and positive staff development, maintaining staff morale and inspiring loyalty and commitment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take responsibility for the corporate comms division and help shape the agency offering. In return for all your hard work, you’ll enjoy a hybrid working model, pension, private medical insurance, tons of personal development include mentoring and training opportunities and a fun and collaborative team.
If this sounds like your next career move, we’d love to chat.