We’re thrilled to be working with a multi award-winning advertising agency based in the heart of Edinburgh. They run a hybrid work model so you’ll enjoy a mix of home working and time in their amazing office. They are on a huge growth path and require an experienced mid to senior planner to join the planning team. Perhaps you call yourself a strategist or a creative planner, either is good with us.
As Senior Account Planner, you will represent the voice of the consumer in the agency and take a lead role within the team responsible for developing the key strategic insights that underpin advertising ideas. You’ll work closely with the client to research the market and understand the consumer then formulate a brand communications strategy, followed by the creative brief that will be used by the agency’s creative teams to produce the creative ideas. You’ll then be pivotal to the creative development process with the ability to evaluate ideas against consumer insights, research and the underlying client business need.
- Working with clients to fully understand their business objectives, target markets and communications strategy.
- Devising and leading qualitative research e.g. focus groups.
- Commissioning and project managing external research (quantitative and qualitative) conducted on behalf of the agency.
- Leading and championing the creative development process, including briefing and enthusing creative teams and providing feedback in response to consumer research findings.
- Analysing and presenting data to demonstrate the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Being experts in what makes people tick e.g. the latest thinking around Behavioural Economics, neurological studies.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
- Supporting the new business team and account directors when pitching for new business with existing and potential clients.
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of team members.
We’d love to speak to strategic specialists who always ask questions and are endlessly curious. You might be sitting agency side or client side at the moment but you will be adept at creative story telling, highly numerate and able to understand, mine, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and statistics to come up with insights.
Sound like something you’d thrive in? Get in touch to arrange a confidential chat.