Denholm are recruiting for a fast growing, energetic technology company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision.
Who You Are
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you found yourself puzzle and problem-solving from an early age, and reaching a solution wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly striving to do it better and faster. You creatively code and work on your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the wheel. You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something isn't working you say why, and how to sort it. You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled. You are keen to develop and grow your career and skills with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're also passionate about the development of others and have solid experience of managing people. What You'll Do You'll be part of our Product Delivery team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll work in a team (or teams) of Software Engineers, keeping everyone focused on the deliverables for customers, helping solve problems and encouraging the growth and development. One of the company values is Always Improving and they believe this is achieved through regular, relevant and constructive feedback, so it's crucial you are comfortable and experienced in giving and receiving feedback. They are all about collaboration so teams review and test each other's code, provide feedback and share best practice.
- Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework
- React / Typescript
If you have have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply!
Our client believes a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens their team. The Engineer they look for:
- Defines patterns and operational guidelines for relevant domain(s). Writes code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability. Collaborates with own team as well as Customer Success and Product teams to seek understanding of the business context of the customer, anticipates and builds according to strategic drivers for the customer's business environment.
- Works with key stakeholders effectively to make make well-reasoned design and technical decisions, identifying potential risks and tradeoffs. Drives and facilitates discussion around complex technical issues. Plans and executes projects with complex requirements.
- Shares technical context and direction and makes pragmatic choices about tackling technical debt.
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues outside of immediate team. Provides guidance to teams on effectively breaking down tasks and estimating.
- Champions clean code principles and test driven development. Provides insightful and comprehensive code reviews.
- Takes initiative to own and resolve issues on behalf of team.
- Brings team members (and others team members if needed) together to solve problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and shares this knowledge openly with colleagues, providing guidance to colleagues.
- Shares knowledge of software architecture and development techniques with colleagues and the broader organization, motivates and empowers teammates through delegation and coaching.
- Has Engineering-wide impact.
- Persistently works in unfamiliar areas, asking for help when needed, uses these instances as development and learning opportunities
What You'll Get
- Work a four day week but get paid for five
- Work around your life with our flexible working policy
- Real impact on our products. We are a team of equals, the best ideas win, whomever has them.
- Pension scheme and life assurance (4x salary)
- Invest in your mental wellbeing with our onsite therapist
- Do your best work using brand new tech
- Learn, learn, learn with access to a library of educational books
- Get to know your colleagues with a team lunch every Wednesday
- Free snacks, fruit, and drinks fridge