Denholm is delighted to be working on a great opportunity with one of our brilliant Financial Services clients in Edinburgh who are looking for 2 x Solutions Architects to join them on a permanent basis. One of these role requires someone with specific investment / asset management business domain knowledge, the other is more general solutions architect role. Our client is willing to consider UK based remote working candidates for this role.
Partnering with business and technical stakeholders, you’ll work with them to define technology strategy and craft scalable, flexible and resilient architectures. You will be aligned to a major programme of work or an architecture / business domain and will have the creative freedom to operate within that area. You will provide technical expertise to the design, planning and governance of technology platforms and connect technology to measurable business value.
- Create and maintain strategies, roadmaps and architectures that enable strategic business plans.
- Define creative solutions and communicate them through Reference Architectures, Solution Overviews and Solution Architecture Documents.
- Make technology decisions in support of your solutions and aligned with agreed technical strategy.
- Ensure delivery partners architect & design solutions according to your blueprints.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of technology trends and opportunities and use this to generate new ideas and release value to our business.
- Set direction by defining architecture principles, standards, reference architectures, and other architecture artefacts.
- Maintain application and technology catalogues.
The ideal candidate:
- Broad range of experience within an architecture & design role, preferably in financial services and ideally within investment / asset management
- Strong background in digital, data and application architectures
- Demonstrable experience of using technology in new, innovative and exciting ways
- Good knowledge of information security
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure) and experience of cloud transformation
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Experience of Application Portfolio Management
- Experience with Architecture frameworks (such as TOGAF)
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch to discuss.