Denholm are working with a huge international brand to find an experienced UI Designer to help deliver a large-scale migration project. This will initially be a contract role spanning the next 9 months but may continue thereafter. The role is remote based for now, but the team will likely return to the Glasgow office later in the year.
The role of UI Designer will translate the business, brand, marketing, IA and content strategies into a conceptual and visual framework for the companies websites, in addition to website update design requests received from eCommerce Managers. Your responsibilities include developing design elements including site layout, navigation, images, icons, animations and other multimedia assets to support online strategies and provide a usable and compelling user experience for digital web projects.
Details of the role
- On assigned projects, collaborate with project team members (Content, Development, User Experience and Digital Client Services) and/or key stakeholders, to establish creative direction for web-based and mobile initiatives.
- Creation of design comps, prototypes, website layouts — optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces — that lead to intuitive user experiences. Production of web-optimised graphical elements.
- Conducts creative review sessions with project team members and/or key stakeholders to ensure that design meets both business objectives and end-user expectations.
- Develop style guides to capture the guidelines and principles directing the website's visual design addressing use of colour, imagery, typography, icons and symbols and application of brand identity elements.
- Take a user-centred approach to rapidly test and iterate ideas.
- Archive and document patterns that may have emerged from project work.
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- 3+ years web design experience (responsive web design experience is a must)
- Exceptional design skills, including colour theory, layout, typography, corporate identity and branding.
- Expertise in standard design software packages such as Figma (or Sketch), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop/Acrobat/Premiere etc.) and strong command graphic optimisation skills.
- Ability to translate abstract concepts into innovative designs that are web and mobile friendly, easy to navigate, represent the brand’s goals, satisfy branding requirements, communicate information architecture and enhance the user experience.
- Solid knowledge of user interface design, industry standards and trends, platform and browser capabilities and digital design constraints. • Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to assist with creating design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user journeys, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns and a clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
If you are available to take on a contract and have the above skills, we’d love to arrange a chat.