Denholm are delighted to be working with a world leading Financial Services client in order to bring a talented and multi skilled UI/UX Designer to their team.
You will join a team of specialist digital managers, designers and analysts and contribute significantly to the global marketing function.
A fantastic working culture, competitive salary and industry leading benefits and annual leave will ensure a happy work/life balance.
You’ll take ownership of the user experience lifecycle, ensuring that processes are in place to aid the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. You’ll be skilled in bringing the UX story to life for internal audiences and able to bring people with you on that journey along with the UI application of their brand. Research will underpin all of your efforts, using a variety of methods to achieve the best results for the task in hand.
Using tools such as Figma, Zeroheight, Google Analytics, Glassbox / Fullstory, Sketch, InVision DSM, InVision Freehand, User Zoom, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite and HTML/CSS you will be given the chance to work with a highly collaborative team who put their customers at the heart of everything they do.
You’ll do this by:
- Working effectively with others when there are multiple tasks, variable priorities and deadlines and potentially conflicting views on the best way forward
- Delivering whilst managing multiple tasks with variable priorities and deadlines
- Defining user experience research and methodologies and defining and advocating the nature and role of user experience research against other forms of research – such as market research and customer insights – as being critical to achieving customer centricity
- Assessing the user and business needs and ensuring these are reflected in the solution design. Utilising user centred principles, including user journeys, interface layouts, interaction and structures
- Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mock-ups. Translating requirements into style guides, design patterns and attractive user interfaces
- Designing UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components, ensuring accessibility is embedded through our designs
- Acting as a guardian of the brand digital design system and design standards we employ. Helping develop and design them and ensure they are applied and embedded in all our digital journeys to create consistent, clever interactive experiences that hold true to the brand values
- Developing and maintaining strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the group
- Maintaining up to date knowledge including the latest developments in user experience, and leveraging as appropriate
- Advocating a user-centred design approach in an engaging manner to overcome stakeholder concerns or challenges
- Acting as the voice of the user and the design authority for all projects, programmes and initiatives
- Embedding user experience within the team and relevant stakeholders, such as customer experience insight, planning and intel, and proposition teams
- Integrating user-centred design, toolkit and research with other insights to form a complete picture of digital customer behaviour, ensuring it is applied consistently and effectively.
We think you’ll have the following skills:
- Ability to manage a complex range of stakeholders – demonstrating effective skills in communication, persuasion and influencing to deliver solutions that not only meet the needs of the business, but have the user at their heart
- Clearly and effectively communicates information, ideas, plans, requests and opinions to internal and external stakeholders through a range of channels including written and oral. Ensures alignment with communication guidelines and policies
- Applies a systematic approach to help optimise business activities and processes to support the strategic objectives of the organisation
- You have a strong portfolio of work which demonstrates attention to detail, strong layout, typographic skills
- Experience of User interface and digital design on different devices with strong understanding of designing effective journeys, functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, navigation and digital experiences is essential
- Experience of designing for and optimising digital sales journeys to maximise user actions and deliver effective lead generations and conversion
- Appreciates and understands the differences between designing for cross platform interactive user journeys with knowledge of UI/interaction design patterns
- Possesses an understanding of the theory and application of user research methodologies including surveys, interviews, collaborative workshops, face-to-face and remote user testing, information architecture and taxonomy design
- Utilises a wide range of skills and techniques to creating a solution from sketches, paper prototyping, wire framing and interactive prototype design
- Possesses familiarity with the current accessibility guidelines – applying these to the journeys/platforms, auditing these and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Good attention to visual detail and experience in delivering digital design systems and collaborating with developers.