Denholm Associates are delighted to bring to the market a key strategic appointment for one of the fastest-growing UK spirits businesses.
This role will suit an individual who has a proven track record in national account management and has excellent commercial and P & L acumen. An individual who is seeking to be a senior member of a small team and can embrace the entrepreneurial and results driven core values of the business.
The individual will relish the opportunity to showcase ambition, and who thrives on hitting and surpassing targets. The role offers the freedom to succeed in an environment that encourages action and demands results and continually looks to improve existing ways of working and realise opportunities.
Purpose of the role:
Drive and develop effective sales strategies with key retailers, wholesalers, and Cash & Carry operators to generate maximum profit and sustainable growth.
Outcomes achieved through the management of the core customer base with both their traditional value brands and their premium portfolios: both via excellent national account management and the route to market (i.e., wholesaler) and ensuring, with the support of BDMs, the optimum execution at the point of purchase at retail and on-trade. Thus, total responsibility for the portfolio throughout the value chain.
To create and develop significant new business, with both existing brands and NPD, through the strategic targeting of channels such as National On-Trade, while continuing to develop their brands through traditional channels/customers.
Experience and attributes required:
- Structured national account and customer management experience, particularly in Multiple Retail, Wholesale and Cash & Carry
- Alcohol drinks, specifically a spirits background, with a strong customer/buyer network and knowledge (minimum 5 years)
- Account management of on-trade wholesalers and multiple pub groups
- Strong commercial background in senior commercial role in the UK (minimum 5 years) and ideally within ‘the Drinks Industry’
- Highly analytical with strong negotiation and presentation skills
- A proven ability to develop, implement and execute JBPs with strong financially based arguments, in addition to new business opportunities.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature – real ability to make things happen quickly, spot opportunities
- Ability to build powerful partnerships at all levels and communicate with impact and influence
- Demonstrate a strong track record of delivering high performance
- Appreciation and knowledge of key global trends within e-commerce and digital
- Working in a matrix environment – ability to deliver both premium malt and traditional/value brand objectives and to embrace a results-driven team in the UK
- Disciplined and robust – able to continually create and follow up on opportunities.
- Very active, confident, extrovert, passionate and dynamic