We’re searching for an experienced Full Stack UX Designer that will be integral to driving and developing the digitisation transformation journey at the Weir Group. Whilst their head office is Glasgow based, they are open to candidates based in Scotland and the North East as some team collaboration will be expected.
A key aspect of the transformation is a Service Design approach, utilising Voice of Customer (User Research) to inform product roadmaps and feature sets. A standardised framework for conducting UX Research & Design has been created, which now needs to be demonstrated, communicated, and adopted across the divisions that make up the Weir Group. For UI Design, their Weir Design Language System (DLS) has been expanded and replicated in accessible formats to democratise the use of their standard UI components. Their DLS is a living thing, which will require regular iteration and central governance & management. All of the assets are accessed using the UX Homesite which will become a digital hub for all things UX, including communities of practice, blog posts and a content repository. They also support the research, design and development of strategic products centrally, (known as “core” products) which benefit multiple divisions, justifying a centrally lead & delivered structure.
Your must haves
• Experience of UX & UI design across native mobile app, responsive mobile and desktop experiences, across a multitude of devices and OS. • Experience, or solid understanding of the Internet of Things (IoT) principles and applications
• Experience of researching and designing multi-channel, holistic customer experiences
• Portfolio of work displaying experience aligning to the above scope, objectives & requirements
• Ability to work in a combination of locations; Remote, Office (Glasgow) and Peripatetic where required for collaboration
Your deliveries (coaching, delivery & facilitation of)
• User needs – identification & prioritisation
• User Research – ethnographic, interview, focus groups, surveys etc
• Data Research – Heatmaps, usage recordings, funnel data etc
• Research synthesis
• Concept Ideation
• Journey Mapping
• Service Blueprinting
• UX Information Architecture
• High Fidelity UI
• Clickable/User Prototypes
• Stakeholder Reviews
• Usability testing – Face-to-face, remote & automated
Please get in touch for a confidential chat.