We look for enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who share our vision of transforming the lives of our students through inspirational learning and teaching. Our aim is to have a talented and diverse workforce and we are committed to investing in Career Long Professional Learning (CLPL) for all staff to enable us to deliver our strategic priorities.
The PR & Public Affairs Lead will be at the centre of promoting our brand, ensuring the ‘good news stories’ get to the local media and our wider stakeholder audiences to communicate all the benefits we deliver to the people, communities, employers, environment and economy of Fife. You will be at the forefront of our public affairs, stakeholder and political engagement, especially as we proceed towards the completion of our new £100m Net Zero campus in Dunfermline by 2024. You will interact closely with internal and external stakeholders, including our Executive team and Board of Governors.
A key part of your role here will be to drive all communications and engagement with stakeholders for this new build. You will have a good record of leading and driving PR programmes as well as developing great relationships with the press. You’ll also be comfortable engaging with politicians and senior stakeholders within the organisation. If you are a ‘people person’, passionate and confident in your abilities to help the college make a real difference to the people, communities, employers, environment and economy of Fife, this is the role for you.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with the leadership team and academic areas to develop, implement and manage both the public relations and public affairs strategy
- Developing a programme of proactive PR designed to enhance the profile of the College
- Generating engaging content – press releases, thought leadership articles, blogs, profile pieces
- Manage and influence reactive press and political enquiries
- Build relationships with Fife-based and national press as well as political figures
- Line manage one direct report
The PR & Public Affairs Lead is one that makes a difference as we are training and building tomorrow’s workforce. We have a fantastic culture with a collaborative team around us – and this is indicative of years of service across employees. We also offer some fantastic benefits – including 46 days holiday and a workplace pension scheme.
This role is hybrid-based with a couple of days a week on-site at our Dunfermline campus.