Denholm Associates has partnered with Rock Trust to find a Regional Partnerships Lead to join their talented Communications & Fundraising team. This is a new role for the organisation with the aim of increasing Rock Trust’s footprint across various regions.
Rock Trust is Scotland’s youth homelessness charity and provides a range of housing and support services to young people aged 16-25 at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
They do some fantastic work and their mission is to prevent youth homelessness and support young people to build better futures.
With a gold award from Investors in People, this truly is a fantastic place to work. As well as an amazing culture with great people who genuinely make a difference, they also offer fantastic benefits and a big focus on work/life balance and wellbeing.
This is an excellent role for a confident and ambitious individual looking to build on their experience of cultivating relationships and generating income. This can be home-based or from one of their regional offices (with some travel to offices when required).
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the delivery of a relationship focussed fundraising strategy – maximising opportunities created by their service expansion in new regions of Scotland
- Creating bespoke regional engagement strategies
- With a fundraising focus, you’ll be researching new prospective partners and building relationships – this will be through networking and holding events
- Alongside the rest of the team, you’ll have ambitious income targets and the opportunity to grow a team under you as the organisation grows
- Overseeing the recruitment supervision of volunteer ambassadors to support the work of regional fundraising
So, what are we looking for?
Well, you may have been working within corporate fundraising for the past few years or you could be looking to make the move from a sales background where you’ve had a proven track record of building relationships and achieving targets.
We’re happy to look at someone looking to change sectors/careers. It’s very much about the person.
Bringing your can-do attitude and relationship building skills is essential. Due to some of the travel involved, a clean driving licence and access to a car would be preferred for this role.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be part of an organisation that makes a difference and treats their employees well, please get in touch.