Senior Digital Marketing Officer
The Senior Digital Marketing Officer is a key role in the organisation, with responsibility for the management of all of the Students’ Association digital communication channels.
The channels are used to present and communicate a range of diverse activities delivered for, by and with students, including representation and democracy, student activities, awareness and behavioural change campaigns, and commercial activity such as events, retail and hospitality.
The Senior Digital Marketing Officer will have a strong track record of innovative content delivery and be energised by fresh challenges to communicate – and engage our members in – diverse topics, products and issues. Data-driven, with a drive to continually test and learn, this individual will inspire others with their love of digital marketing techniques – from social media to direct email to website performance.
With a collaborative approach, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, the Senior Digital Marketing Officer will be highly organised and have a keen eye for detail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning direction of digital strategy
- Social media delivery – manage and deliver across all current and future channels
- Email marketing – deliver on all the email comms including engagement, strategy development and data gathering
- Website – take lead on updates, maximise SEO and advertise relevant student events
- Support/mentor Digital Content Assistants in the team – brief and review work
- Working with internal stakeholders across the organisation
If you’ve previously written for students, that’s an added bonus. You’ll be working on several large campaigns across the year, and the diverse range of content you’ll be responsible for creating will span from student elections to events promotions.
In return, you’ll be offered some fantastic development opportunities (like support through qualifications!) and some great benefits including:
- Annual Leave: 35 days per year
- Company Pension (USS)
- Company Sick Pay
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Sodexo Discount and Employee Wellbeing Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts on food and drink across University Campus, among others
Comprising of experienced marketing professionals, the Marketing and Communications team is friendly and collaborative. The team has in-house design, videography and photography producers, digital content assistants, a PR & internal communications specialist and two staff who lead on the management of all marketing campaigns.
The Students’ Association has offices in all of its student union buildings (Teviot, Potterrow, Pleasance and King’s Buildings House). The Marketing & Communications team is based in the Potterrow office though the team currently work in a hybrid way.