2 MIN READ
If you’re one of the 59% of employees who would leave their job today for a similar role, pay and benefits then it’s time to examine your work life happiness.
Your happiness and engagement at your work is directly related to your success and impacts your mental health, energy, productivity and progression.
Workplace happiness means:
- You enjoy doing the tasks assigned to you
- You feel right about the people you’re working with
- You are happy with the financial benefits from your job
- You have the scope of improving your existing skills
- You feel respected and acknowledged at work
Finding happiness at work does require some soul-searching. And we all know that there are many other factors to choosing a career that doesn’t involve work – like age, stability and family responsibilities to name a few. These can often dictate how much courage and flexibility we have in our work life.
That said, if your current role doesn’t make you feel excited, empowered and downright proud, it’s probably time for a change.
It’s time to start taking stock. So what would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
Grab a pen and write your answers to that question and the following ones to help guide your next steps.
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
- What fuelled that ambition?
- If money were no object, what would be your ideal role?
- What motivates you?
- What do you love about your current job and those that have gone before?
- If you could condense your role into one or two main activities, what would they be?
- What are your proudest work moments so far?
You may have heard some of these questions before or discounted them in the past, but these questions aren’t as unrealistic as you think.
Getting the answers to these questions could lead you to the career you were meant to have. Need more help deciding?
READ MORE: Ten reasons to change your working life
The buddy system
It’s always easier to stay on track if you’re accountable to someone and a chat with Denholm could be all the motivation you need.
We can help you weigh up your current options, give you our view on the current market and even start the search process for you.
Go on. Remember, life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Talk to Denholm
Your work life, is our life’s work. So whether you’re looking for the next step in your career, searching for market insight or you just want to have a confidential chat, our team are ready to help. Contact us today on 03303 359818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.